update: Thanks everyone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devinsdad

Sep 25, 2009
northern NY
Finally. Tomorrow at 2 the stove will be delivered. Then I hook up my one 40-68" telescoping pipe to chimney and blaze away. I just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful advice and solutions. extremely helpful. WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Also I have been told by manufacturer "Put the thermometer on the angled part of the top plate. Depending on the draft efficiency of your chimney, the surface temp could reach 700-800 degrees. If the temp goes over 800 repeatedly, it's getting too hot. Once the stove gets to the 500-700 degree mark, it can be shut down. There really is no temperature range that has to be maintained, it's just important to let the stove get between the 500-700 mark before shutting the air. Do this anytime you start a fire or add fresh wood. "
Soo... We should be pretty toasty with that sucker loaded up. Still waiting on a moisture meter to arrive ....tick tock tick tock...... THANKS AGAIN

Don't forget to have 2 or 3 break'in fires to cure the stove. Enjoy the wood heat.
It is great.

That Kuma will get'er done. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.