Upgrade done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shouldntbesocomplicated

Hearth Supporter
Dec 23, 2010
Northern Maine
Thanks for all your help past , present and of course future.I went with the PE Alderlea T5.Finally have gotten time to really burn the stink out new pipes and stove,heating the outside again today.I think we have a little overkill on stove size but wont know till we get some lovely -30 f.I could also use a little help on thermometer placement and good running temps so far pipe temp single wall range 280- 460 and stove top 400-700 glass is so clean I wonder if its there.

Thanks

Great job on your purchase. Hell of a stove you got there. Enjoy it and post a photo or two

Now, that wasn't too complicated, was it? Eager to see how it turned out. Please provide eye candy.

The T5 does very well with a partial load in it. 3 splits will last a long time.

Congrats, very cool!

Did you decide to put it in the basement, or first floor?

BeGreen said:
Now, that wasn't too complicated, was it? Eager to see how it turned out. Please provide eye candy.

The T5 does very well with a partial load in it. 3 splits will last a long time.
Well eye candy has to wait until I get a mason here or do hearth myself , but it has kept house at 72 outside temp 26, ok that was with two upstairs windows open

RenovationGeorge said:
Congrats, very cool!

Thank you ,Put it on the hearth it aint pretty but its safe

shouldntbesocomplicated said:
RenovationGeorge said:
Congrats, very cool!

Thank you ,Put it on the hearth it aint pretty but its safe

Yay! I wanted to see a stove in that hearth, even if it takes you a while to get the masonry updated.

Good move!

Status
Not open for further replies.