Upland 207 - Would like to get or make a screen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RugerRedhawk

Dec 13, 2007
Upstate NY
I have never used this unit in 'fireplace mode', but I'd like to try it out this year. I don't have the original screen, Is it something that would be easy to make myself, or would a generic fireplace screen that sits on the floor suffice? Thanks for any suggestions.

The manual - if you do not have it - is available on line.
The spark screen attaches directly onto the stove. There is a diagram of the unit & how it attaches.
It seems simple enough to construct, but it probably will require welding.
A spark screen on the floor won't protect you adequately unless the stove is sitting on concrete
& there are no other combustibles within 3 - 4 feet.
Once you see how fast your wood burns & how little heat you're gonna get, you probably won't use
that mode again.

The manual - if you do not have it - is available on line.
The spark screen attaches directly onto the stove. There is a diagram of the unit & how it attaches.
It seems simple enough to construct, but it probably will require welding.
A spark screen on the floor won't protect you adequately unless the stove is sitting on concrete
& there are no other combustibles within 3 - 4 feet.
Once you see how fast your wood burns & how little heat you're gonna get, you probably won't use
that mode again.

It is on concrete with combustibles well away from the stove. It's used as occasional workshop heat, not my main source of heat. I only burn a couple facecord a year in it so efficiency isn't really a primary concern.

It's a NLA (no longer avail) item. you can try Mountian View Heart or any other source you can find on the internet

EDIT: the part number for the "spark guard" is #6001. I have the orginal OM for that stove if you want a copy. It doesn't state any specs on the screen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.