UPS Backup for Englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

krushmoto

Jan 31, 2017
Allentown, PA
I'm looking for a UPS backup for my Englander. Tried searching online for the power requirements but can't find anything concrete. I'm under the impression the stove uses ~336w during start up and ~160w while it's running. Since the stove will be running during a brown/black out anything in the 400w range should suffice?
Any recommend what size UPS I should get since I have occasional brown and black outs?
Thanks.

400W would probably work well. But they are mainly used to make sure the stove can go into shut down. If you want to run the stove continuous i would use a generator and a good surge protection.