Upstate NY SoftWood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the wood pellet pricing reports at the top of the main page in the pellet forum ... nothing posted there.

Anyone in up state NY have a place for softwood pellets? I have struck out everywhere. Thanks!
Check out Papa Bears in Marathon. They carry softwood pellets.

Vince - Runnings in Canadaigua has sw pellets, I just picked up a few bags there to try it. It is American Wood Fiber white pine. I have been checking around for other options and so far that is the only one I have found.

I have not seen softwood available at TSC near me, but I can look again. Syracuse-->Buffalo and down through Ithaca seem to be a bit of a 'deadzone' for any of the big pellet names.....primarily because the transport and storage is so expensive and we are too far off of main lines. Barefoot is the best pellet I have found available so far.....this will be my first try with AWF white pine and am hoping it performs well. If anyone in the area has additional suggestions please share!

Thank you for all the replies. I will give Papa bears in Marathon a try as they are a bit closer to me than Canandaigua, But I appreciate the heads up NYBurner. Good to know that there is a place within driving distance.

Just called Papa Bears Stoves, Marathon, NY, and they have 3 different kinds of softwood pellets. North Country, Platinum Pellets and LeCrete's in stock at some good pricing from what I'd read online 265-285/ton. i'm thinking of either the North country or LaCrete's. The Platinum's look like they have a lot of really long pellets in the bags. Read something about the long pellets not being the best for feeding in the Piazzetta.

I appreciate moving the thread to the pricing report Lake Girl. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.