US 5660 T Stat Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spezeke

Mar 30, 2018
Michigan
Hello,

We have a second hand 5660 stove with the display on the top of the pellet stove. The stove run great but once it is out of start up mode and we push the t-stat mode button it never lights to display it has gone to t-stat but we can change the temp number and it flashes and goes back to room temp display. The thing is it never shuts down once it gets to room temperature. So my question is does this model never shut down once it gets above room temp or does it keep running at a lower rate? Next is if this is a problem that it is not acting correctly would this be the display control or the main control. I am thinking display control since it never indicates it goes into t-stat mode. But I don't want to buy parts and then buy another when they are so expensive.

Thanks

http://www.usstove.com/Manuals/USSC/5660.pdf

Try this or a google search. This is for the newer control board with the square buttons which is the same board as my stove. The older control board with round buttons I am not familiar with. Below is for the newer control board:

The thermostat mode is a little tricky. It's not supposed to shut down when it gets to temp. All it does is toggle between heat range 1, and whatever other one you choose. First the stove has to warm up. Then you set the heat range at 2, 3, 4, or 5. Then hit thermostat. Then after a second or so, it will show the room temp (actually the temp at the back of the stove). You then use the up and down arrows to choose a temperature that's about 3 degrees warmer than what you want. (If you choose 78, the stove will try to maintain 75 I believe.) So if it's above 75 then the stove will idle on 1. If it's below 75 then it will jump to the heat range you chose to increase heat, until it gets to 75. If you want to change that heat range, you first have to hit thermostat to get back to manual mode. Then change the heat range. Then hit thermostat again to go back to thermostat mode.

If you're doing all that correctly, then it's most certainly the display board.