US Stove 2200i w/ SS Flexliner install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregjmcquaid

Sep 3, 2015
NJ
How far in will I be able to insert stove with flex liner in pictured fireplace? I'm being told by one person I won't be able to insert stove to touch masonry because it's a mistake to bend flexliner much. Someone else told me it's fine to bend it so stove touches masonry, therefore minimizing the stove jutting out. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2121.JPG
    IMG_2121.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 114
Hard to tell from just a picture. It takes careful measuring of both the stove, the fireplace interior and damper location to determine this. The flex liner will bend enough to make a simple offset if there is room enough. Sometimes this can also be done with an adjustable elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.