US Stove 5500m burn rate and draft settings... What do you use??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan gillespie

Nov 3, 2013
new canaan
So I've looked around and couldnt find much information on this subject... when I let my stove run overnight on heat range 2-3 out of 5... I wake up to find my burnpot with a good 1.5"-2" of ash/clinker... the flame becomes lazy and the heat output is not very good. I spoke with US Stove today and they walked me through the procedure to adjust the feed rate and draft settings.

My current configuration is as follows:
Upper Limit heat range by holding aux up and heat range up 4.50 lbs/hr
Low level heat range aux down and heat range down 1.50 lbs/hr
Draft fan upper limit 325 (dont know the units but it goes up to 500)
Draft fan lower limit 125

I have for venting the stove... adapter to 1ft out the house, Clean out T, 2 feet vertical, 90 degree to end cap.

I guess my question if anyone has this stove what do they have their settings on... I know not every stove is the same but I've checked all the seals and gaskets... I have not let it burn overnight yet on the new settings so i dont know if the problem is fixed I just want to get some insight from other US Stove owners... on a side note the glass is staying MUCH cleaner in the 4 hours its been running... normally its pretty dirty. I can for sure tell you the airwash intake gap in the front of the window is making more suction noise since ive cranked up the draft...

also here is a video of it burning on heat level 3...

I think it looks pretty good, fingers crossed the burn pot stays clean when I go to sleep tonight and turn her down to level 2.

Anyways, any thought or input or just banter is greatly appreciated.

I just got my stove two weeks ago and I have the feed rate 2.25 and draft low set to 125. I burning Somerset pellets they have burnt the best so far. On heat setting 3 I am running draft fan on 1 some times 2 if I raise the heat setting any higher than I stay two lower with the draft

Currently im running
Feed low : 1lbs/hr
Feed high: 3.63lbs/hr
Draft low: 155
Draft high: 430
HR-3
Off a t-stat

With my setup if I crank the draft fan high all the way up it will cause a lazy flame( i think it messes up the vacuum switch).

I think I got the stove dialed in pretty good it has been in the thirty here I burning about a bag and half in twenty four hours. What about you guys.

Same..2 bags on a cold day

Status
Not open for further replies.