US Stove 6039 -manual draft and oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I call,bullshi@, what is your (draft door ).No pics,does not exist. They made a zilloin of these cheapo stoves,to compete with England"s mulitifule stoves,sold in farm stores,and many are out there,preforming fine.

what is your (draft door ).No pics,does not exist.
He is taking about the manual slide draft below the burn pot, you can see the handle in his picture he posted.

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: Ssyko
Not even going to comment on Bare's post. I consider that 100% trolling and uncalled for.

Reactions: FirepotPete
To the OP. In post #15 you said the board had been reset? Is this true?

If you haven't by now get a note book and take notes every time you change something.

About the only thing that others (you've been in the finest hands available) haven't covered here is since in another post you said that you changed the HR low pph setting to 1.75pph? Is that correct? And the HR high feed was 6pph?

You know how to look at and change those HR settings. You need to look at the DF (draft fan settings) the same way except use the AUX and DF up and down buttons. Post those numbers here for us to see. If we can change those it might make a difference but don't do it until we see the numbers.

The only thing that I can think of is that the DF is either way out of speed adjustment and there is enough direct fresh air with the damper hole being directly under the burn pot. And the DF is moving, just enough to help the natural draft at the manual draft to get a decent burn.

Or it's a board issue. Later if you change the DF numbers and the board either doesn't change or only changes until you change the HR then it's probably the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssyko