Us stove 6041

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nwitzke

Mar 18, 2018
Michigan
Morning, I have a us stove 6041 and have had multiple problems. Started out the pot wouldn’t burn fast enough and fill the shoot and then jam auger. After breaking two auger shafts I finally found how to adjust feed rate per hour. Had a buddy at a machine shop fix auger n made a stainless steel slug on the end. Now after a month I’m running into the same problem per say. Pot fills if I turn heat range higher then 2.

Last night for the third time in 10 days it shut down n broke my auger pin. Found the pot full and shoot jammed. Let it cool down did a full cleanup and noticed the pot almost looked like the pellets where melted and blocking some of the holes. I guess I’m open for options if anyone can help me with this issue.

Thanks Nick

I don't have a solution - only more issues! Stove has been in less than 2 weeks and today is the first day it has worked - until now....worked for 6 hours and then agitator quit turning and started bridging and overfillling burn pot. Numerous calls to USSC before today - they replaced the latch, the handle and finally the door, before I could even start the stove. Hope someone on here can help!

I don't have a solution - only more issues! Stove has been in less than 2 weeks and today is the first day it has worked - until now....worked for 6 hours and then agitator quit turning and started bridging and overfillling burn pot. Numerous calls to USSC before today - they replaced the latch, the handle and finally the door, before I could even start the stove. Hope someone on here can help!

Have you adjusted the feed rate lower? I believe you press aux and heat range at the same time. It should be at 5lbs per hour. I lowered mine down to ruffle 3.8lbs per hour. On this stove I noticed it is a must to have the aggitator or else you run into that problem. But if you lower your feed and aggitator is working it should help you.

You have been running your stove at 5 LBS per hour !
No wonder it does not burn everything and jams up
At -40::C I use or burn a 2 .4 LBS. an hour
normally I burn 1,4 to 2 lbs an hour and as low as 1.2 lbs
an hour. At 2 the heat blows my out of that room on a
normal winters day -15::C . What pray tell are you trying to heat
using that much fuel

I know on mine I can’t get it any lower then 3.5. It will burn its self out. This is also my first time owning a pellet stove.

Also Susanna do you it set for pellet or corn? That will also make a huge difference

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Nwitzke: When pushing the AUX UP and HR UP buttons together that will give you the max PPH (pound per hour) on HR 5. To lower the PPH on the lowest setting HR1 you need to push the AUX DOWN and HR DOWN at the same time and adjust.

Most stoves will not run real clean below 1.75pph on the 6041's. Also lowering the HR5 is a good move as you will probably never want to run it that hot as the 6039/6041 have a history of warping the door or around the door frame if ran too hot.

Each time you change the HR settings on the HIGH or LOW end you are automatically changing the settings between high and low. That board is a proportional control board. The DF settings work the same way. If you change either the HIGH or LOW that changes all settings between proportionally.

Also some boards are a little finicky and you need to push the ON button after making changes for the changes to take. Also make sure that the stove is running in AUTO or you will see no change in the heat output or how the stove is burning.

Reactions: Owen1508
Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Nwitzke: When pushing the AUX UP and HR UP buttons together that will give you the max PPH (pound per hour) on HR 5. To lower the PPH on the lowest setting HR1 you need to push the AUX DOWN and HR DOWN at the same time and adjust.

Most stoves will not run real clean below 1.75pph on the 6041's. Also lowering the HR5 is a good move as you will probably never want to run it that hot as the 6039/6041 have a history of warping the door or around the door frame if ran too hot.

Each time you change the HR settings on the HIGH or LOW end you are automatically changing the settings between high and low. That board is a proportional control board. The DF settings work the same way. If you change either the HIGH or LOW that changes all settings between proportionally.

Also some boards are a little finicky and you need to push the ON button after making changes for the changes to take. Also make sure that the stove is running in AUTO or you will see no change in the heat output or how the stove is burning.

Thanks I didn’t know if I hit down it would show the low feed. Right now I have mine running on heat setting 2 and it says feed 2.00. So I must be close on that part. But at night I bump it up too 3 and that’s normally where I run into my problems of auger pin snapping and over filling pot

Thanks I didn’t know if I hit down it would show the low feed. Right now I have mine running on heat setting 2 and it says feed 2.00. So I must be close on that part. But at night I bump it up too 3 and that’s normally where I run into my problems of auger pin snapping and over filling pot
Are you talking about the AUGER that feeds the pellets from the hopper? Or are you snapping the burn pot agitator? The auger should not be affected by build up in the burn pot.

Check you DF settings the same way as the feed rates just using DF instead of HR and post those here you may need to adjust those to get it to burn better.

As far as your feed rates it doesn't matter what HR you are running on if you push the AUX DOWN and HR DOWN at the same time it will show you what the lowest feed rate is on HR1.

Right now from what you posted this is what your feed rates look like across all HR's.

HR 1 2.00 pph
HR 2 2.45 pph
HR 3 2.90 pph
HR 4 3.35 pph
HR 5 3.80 pph

Your feed is increasing or decreasing by 0.45 pph for every HR you go up or down.

No I’m referring to auger not agitator. It fills the pot thenthe shoot gets full. and of course the auger didn’t know this and keeps trying to feed. Then it jams it self and snaps the pin. Draft fan is set on auto.. should I have it set to something different?

Draft fan is set on auto.. should I have it set to something different?

Auto is fine but you need to check the High and Low DF settings. Do that just like the feed rate settings but use DF UP/DOWN. You should see numbers like 340 on high and 270 on low. If not you may want to do a factory reset of the board and then readjust your feed rates. Before doing any changes, even the factory reset write down all the numbers so you have a bench mark as to what is working and what is not.

A couple of questions about the stove setup. Do have an OAK (outside air kit) installed? What configuration is your exhaust pipe setup? 90's, 45's, how long of straight sections? These can all affect the draft and burn of the stove.

I've got to work until 9:30pm CDT tonight so I won't be able to answer anything until later tonight or maybe even tomorrow morning.