US Stove American Harvest 6041 - Exhaust Blower shuts down after start cycle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well this is my first trouble with American Harvest stoves. I fired it up for the first time in Pr-3 Pellet mode. Pressed the On button, The Exhaust blower came on, The auger turned and filled the fire pot while the ignitor warmed up and lit the pellets on fire. The pellets lit up and the pot stirrer started rotating. Then the exhaust blower stopped!

Below is the wire diagram. Has anyone seen this issue?
Looks like the Low Limit switch is connected to the Room Blower and the Draft Blower. Hmmmm!

Manual could be written better. It was in Auto mode
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/4d/4dd88ec6-81ac-429a-8e3e-67e7e24e13b2.pdf

Click diagram to enlarge.

Attachments

• US-AH-6041WireDiagram.jpg
    US-AH-6041WireDiagram.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 841
Looks like the low limit goes to the controller, it is on the white side of your power supply line and changes into a green wire going to the controller.

How long did the combustion blower run?

It may be loose, dirty, or bad and opened right after closing.

Hello Smokey
Thanks for your reply!
The combustion blower ran during the start cycle. Then it went out and the room blower never came on!

Well, the wire colors to the snap discs in the wire diagram do not all match the discs in the stove! LOL
So I had to pull out my meter and see which one is the high limit.

The first pic is the snap disc that says L170 Deg F goes into the exhaust plenum at the bottom of the stove and looks like a standard snap disc. The other snap disc in the second pic has funny markings and plugs into the heat exchanger plenum up at the top of the stove just before the warm air goes into the room. From my test, the 1st disc is the high temp disc. (Only 170 Deg F seems a little low and no manual reset. Well if it trips alot then it is auto reset! Not sure if that is good but more testing and we may see!)

So it is the second disc that is the Low Limit switch and the 3rd pic shows my standard replacement with the L120 Deg F markings so there will be no confusion again.)

The exhaust blower works well but does have that winny sound like the Enviros. I do have a quiet one I can throw in there if I wish. Anyway, I got it running great. BTW in Auto mode after the start cycle the exhaust blower drops down to go along with the heat level setting. That is working properly now and the stove is running as it should!

Attachments

• USAMsnapDisc (1).jpg
    USAMsnapDisc (1).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 371
  • USAMsnapDisc (2).jpg
    USAMsnapDisc (2).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 325
  • USAMsnapDisc (3).jpg
    USAMsnapDisc (3).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 332
Don,

Does that stove have an auto speed jump on the convection fan that places the convection fan on high if the stove thinks is about to overheat?

I haven't read the manual.

Hi Smokey

Good question I have no Idea, the manual is NOT well written! I just got it going and only had to read the manual 3 times.
When the stove is in manual, the draft fan is on 9 and I cannot seem to change it.
When the stove is in auto, I can turn the draft blower down to one speed higher than the feed rate! Trying to figure things out!

Just made a video of it burning. Dexter wants to compare. The pot stirrer is working good!
Video of stove in Auto mode PR-3 that is wood pellets heat level 3 with room blower on 5 and draft blower on 9

In manual I think you might have to use the damper.

Think Breckwell BigE just ask jtakeman.

Hi
I just. Got a used 6041 and I have the exact same problem as described above. The draft fan actually shuts down on startupand it smokes out the exhuast manifold directly behind the stove. I can use the manual settings to get burning then it seems to run fine at the higher settings. If I turn it down to the 1 or 2 setting however it does not seem to get enough draft and the burn pot fills. Once again If run the number 2 setting and manually set the draft to4 it runs all day. So does this sound like the lowers limit switch problem described above? Tanks very

Thanks very much for any help you can provide. Im a pretty good tinkerer but this is my first pellet stove and I just don't know where to start. where exactly is the low limit switch located and what does it do?
Thanks again
Josh

I just purchased a 6041 as well. When I start mine the exhaust fan comes on stays on till the heat fan comes on then the exhaust blower kicks on for a couple seconds kicks off for a couple seconds and runs this way it stays burning just the flame surges when exhaust fan kicks on. I don't think this is how its supposed to run and it does the same in manual mode I can adjust speed but its still intermittent

Status
Not open for further replies.