Used Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wangdutenzin

Sep 25, 2015
Massachusetts
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a used pellet stove for to run some tests.
I'm in Woburn, MA and Craigslist doesn't have a lot of sellers. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to buy used pellet stoves in the area.
It would need to have multiple temperature settings

Welcome to the forum:) What kind of testing are you doing? What kind of budget are you shooting for?

Depending on the type of testing you are doing, validity of the test may be called in to question with a used unit.

Thank you!
I'm testing how the combustion air flow, and auger speed changes the burning rate, flame volume and flame height. Budget somewhere around 300-650.

Since the budget is low, I would need a used model.

Used stoves are often for sale for a reason ... starting to have faults with burning, motherboard gone, blowers weakening, etc. You could get lucky and find someone who has decided they are not worth the extra work especially with fossil fuel prices coming down.

Keep checking craigslist, or other used sales options. Dealers may not do trade ins but it is another avenue to try....

Used stoves are often for sale for a reason ... starting to have faults with burning, motherboard gone, blowers weakening, etc. You could get lucky and find someone who has decided they are not worth the extra work especially with fossil fuel prices coming down.

Keep checking craigslist, or other used sales options. Dealers may not do trade ins but it is another avenue to try....

I'll keep looking. As long as I ask them to run it once with me there I guess its good.

Thank you again!

SeemsLegit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.