Used Stihl ms290 for sale asking$300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrpga498

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
New Jersey
I read an ad in the local paper for a stihl farm boss ms290 asking $300. I think its kinda high price myself for used. I will get a chance to look at it tomorrow and if I feel it looks & runs ok I'll offer $250. The guy said it is in great shape and he has 2 new extra chains also. Anyone care to share their thoughts feel free. Thanks in advance. PS My Sears chain saw is about done after 6 years at 3 to 4 cords cut per year.

Sorry, I meant to post in the gear room . MOds pleas switch forum room . My bad

adrpga498 said:
Sorry, I meant to post in the gear room . MOds pleas switch forum room . My bad

No prob. I'm not a Mod in the Gas Chamber, but I PM'd BeGreen who is, and I'm sure he'll be around shortly to move you over. Rick

brand new with 20 in bar is 379.00

I agree that is too high. I haven't been to the shop lately but it seems they were in the $350 range last I looked but don't remember for certain.

I'll get a chance to run it on Monday. I appreciate everyones input. I may reduce my offer to $200. If he wants $300. used ,Id rather go for 350 new. I have a dealer in my town. PS Hapyy Easter to you all.

I picked up my 290 new for right around $350 from the local dealer. They filled the saw with fluids before I left and threw in a couple bottles of pre-mix oil also. It's just my personal preference, but I would rather buy a saw new than used.

Status
Not open for further replies.