Using a digital tape measure - anyone try it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
Not a big deal but I thought I would try one just to see how it works.
It has two memory banks for storing the last two measurements. Also can show metric or US units of inches & feet.
You can also set it to stop measuring on the left side or the right side.
In the example below, I measured the width of my roll around cart’s table top which is 18-3/16 inches or 1’ 6-3/16 inches.
Any comments?

Pic 1 - table top width measurement
Pic 2 - close up of results

D86B24FF-3E05-43C6-B375-82A5D10366E0.jpeg 7E3FACE6-7638-42E1-8E82-C9849FE53CBD.jpeg

Haven’t seen one and one will not be finding its way into my tools.

Just another gimmick IMO.

Reactions: Don2222
Haven’t seen one and one will not be finding its way into my tools.

Just another gimmick IMO.
How about the laser measuring tool for long distances only?

E3463E57-02F7-4F3D-A585-0791984525A7.jpeg

It would be faster as long as it stays calibrate. I have a tape boss on two of my tapes. It’s handy. https://tapeboss.com/

im not convinced that my laser tape is really accurate +- 1/2”.

How about the laser measuring tool for long distances only?

View attachment 281407
Great tool for making rough estimates but not even close for real work. Go build your own house with either “tools” and post the results.

I can still read a thimble micrometer just fine too. Can run a milling machine off dials as well but admit I do turn on the DRO.

Reactions: tlc1976 and Don2222