USSC 6041 adjustments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I can't find it right now but somewhere I have all the limit switch temps. I know the low limit is part F110 and the high is F250 but I don't believe those correlate to the temps they trip at.

Yes on the room fan being plugged up and not pushing enough air through the heat exchanger and the stove over heating. Also any part of the exhaust that is filled with ash can cause it.

I really can't see just running it for several days it getting that much ash build up to cause it but it is possible.

I can't find it right now but somewhere I have all the limit switch temps. I know the low limit is part F110 and the high is F250 but I don't believe those correlate to the temps they trip at.

Yes on the room fan being plugged up and not pushing enough air through the heat exchanger and the stove over heating. Also any part of the exhaust that is filled with ash can cause it.

I really can't see just running it for several days it getting that much ash build up to cause it but it is possible.
Thank you for your information. I have located the high temp switch on the parts diagram. Will wait until we have to run it higher again before buying a new switch. I would be interested to know the limits if you can locate them.

I would be interested to know the limits if you can locate them.
The 6039 High Limit used to have the F250-20 which is 250 degree closed thermo disc (mine still has original F250). The now recommended part for the 6039 and the part for the 6041 is 80390 a L170-20 closed thermo disc. That means at 170 degrees Fahrenheit the disc will open (turn off) and at 150 it will reset itself and Close (turn on).

The Low Limit switch is a 80381 F110-20 open thermo disc that means at 110 degrees Fahrenheit the disc closes (turns on) and at 80 degrees it opens (turns off)

If you just search for the USSC numbers 80390 for high limit or 80381 for low limit you will find the right thermo disc. A good one will be around $20-$25. You can find cheaper ones if you look hard enough and if you go with OEM part from US Stove company you are looking at around $79 for High Switch and $49 for Low Switch.

You might wonder how a 170 degree switch stays closed (on) in a hot stove. On the 6041 it is on the left side lower exhaust path so it is not as hot as the room blower air 350 degrees += or the fire box 400 degrees +-. The low limit switch is left side high in the room blower path.

6041 HIGH LOW.jpg

In a word YES