Value of a used HS TARM OT50 Wood / Coal Boiler with oil back up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morg4404

Dec 3, 2016
Ashland Pennsylvania
I was wondering if anyone was interested in or knew the value of this furnace I recently removed for a rental house of mine. As far as I know the oil side was used up until the house was ceased by the state and winterized. The coal/wood side was probably unused for a few years before that, as an older woman lived in the house. I would love to use it, but right now I don't have anywhere to install it and don't really want to store it. I listed it on Craigslist and had 4 calls already today but I'm not sure what I should be asking.
Thanks for any help.
Morgan

Attachments

• 20161009_105139.jpg
    20161009_105139.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 20161009_105618.jpg
    20161009_105618.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 20161009_160045.jpg
    20161009_160045.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 246
If I lived in the area I could probably be convinced to haul it away if you paid $50. If you can load it.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it would bring about $50 around here, maybe, at a scrap yard, from what I have heard second hand on scrap prices. Adding in some extra value to someone who needs a boiler & wants to put the work & expense into trying to re-commission it, I would likely be happy to get $100 for it - they would have some work ahead of them with no guarantees it is truly solid (looks a bit rough in the pics). Also likely would have to assume the burner needs replacing.

My friend just paid to have one hauled out of house he was selling. Wood oil combos are not very efficient, they were popular because they only needed one flue but everyone I knew that had one realized that they were going through a lot more wood. My friend' unit also had slow leak on the dome gasket and it had a rusted the sealing surface, the service tech somewhat familiar with these told him it as doubtful it could be resealed .

Status
Not open for further replies.