VC CW2500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Alfano

Dec 7, 2007
Northwest Ct.
For the people that own this insert, are you happy with it?

I did a search, but came up with nothing.

I know of a used one for sale that i am looking at.

The stove is also sold as the Dutchwest DW2500. Two different forum members had welds crack on theirs in their first burning season last year.

Search for DW2500.

Yeah, the stove certainly didn't get a good reputation here in the first year we'd really heard anything from it. Sorry that we don't have more news than that!

Since I had mine replaced late last season with an identical unit I've been burning 24/7 this season to see if it's gonna hold up, they supported the box with shims so I know it won't drop but I'm doing a daily inspection of the welds just to be sure. So far so good, -15 this morning here and she's putting out all the heat I need. Hope it stands up for the duration..

T

I bought one of these last year. Since I have never tried to use an airtight insert I did not know what to expect. My gut insctinct is that is has alot of air leaks. I redid the gasket around the front glass, but I still get alot of flames with the door closed. Wood seems to burn too fast. Large logs do not last thru the night. I have to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning and feed the insert.

I never thought of broken or leaking welds. How would I check for that?

Also, I broke the glass in the door. Should I try to get a replacement from the manufacturer, or have a piece cut? I has radius 'corners'.

Status
Not open for further replies.