VC Dauntless optional fan....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

a59cheffy

Jan 18, 2023
Coos Bay, OR
Curious if anyone has the optional fan kit installed on their Dauntless or one of their bigger cousins...I just have two small thermal fans on top to move air. Does the fan kit work?

I use a blower fan on my Encore 2040 Cat-C. It makes a huge difference. My stove is in my hearth and I find it a necessity to move the hot air through my house

My stove sits on an open raised hearth in the living room, it is not partially tucked into the back of a fireplace hearth. Previously I had a couple of the thermal fans on the stovetop but didn't feel they made much difference. Last year I had a Vornado air circulator fan situated below and to one side of the stove blowing air across the stove and flue pipe. It also didn't seem to make much difference in heat distribution. The room the stove is in gets to around 77, adjacent and upstairs rooms hover around 68. Years ago in another house (split level) I installed a fan powered heat transfer system that pulled warm air from the ceiling of the stove room and blew the warm air through insulated 8 or10" attic ducts into upstairs rooms. That worked great, much better heat equalization.