VC Intrepid II 1990 - can I use an outdoor air adaptor from a Winterwarm 1280 or Aspen 1920 for my intrepid?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MeadowCabin

Oct 31, 2023
Olympic Peninsula
The outside air adaptor for a VC Intrepid 1990 was discontinued in 2019.
I need to get this part in order for my stove to pass building inspection for our cabin that is almost done.
I can't find one anywhere, but did find an outside air adaptor that fits a Winterwarm 1280, Winterwarm 2100, or Aspen 1920. Does anyone have specs for this part. I have a wild hope that it either might fit my intrepid or could be modified.
The part I'm looking at is here: https://www.stove-parts-unlimited.c....htm?msclkid=d01a67159d6b11a946140254dc064bd3
And no, this company doesn't have one specifically for the Intrepid. A salesman thought they did last week, and sent me a flue collar for an intrepid...LOL.
Any help greatly appreciated!

My little old Intrepid hoping for an outside air adaptor! Looks like it may get lucky.

IMG_9869 2.jpeg