Vedolux Lambda 450

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Some Pictures of the Boiler.
100_5861.JPG\
The fire box.
100_5862.JPG
The fire tubes with turbulaters .
100_5863.JPG
Primary and secondary air controls .
100_5864.JPG
The refractory chamber .
100_5865.JPG
Draft inducer fan .
100_5866.JPG

Got the Vedolux into the basement the last week of January and moved it into position to hook up the chimney. We waited 3 weeks for parts that never came so had some stainless custom parts made. The WETT inspector informed me that Insulated Chimney cannot come into the room unless it is closed in. Sso we waited another 3 weeks for parts to hang the chimney from the floor joists of the floor above but due to production problems at the factory ( covid 19) we likely would not get the parts until September.
100_5904.JPG

Solution was to buy a complete new chimney which did not get installed until March 17. I have learned that insurance companies frown when you do the install yourself so hired a Wett certified installer.
100_5997.JPG
100_5998.JPG

After the chimney install, we waited another 3 weeks to have this small manifold tank made.
100_6066.JPG
Cutting threads the hard way.
100_6060.JPG
In the circulatory manual it says the circulator should be at the lowest point and close to the boiler as possible but there is a lot of scale on the bottom of the tank so I've found that circulators survive better if they are not at the lowest point.
100_6062.JPG

With all the 90 degree elbows I'm not sure if one circulator is going to do the job.
100_6063.JPG

Looks good so far, black iron can be a pita but it’s cheap and bombproof. I finished a 400+ft job in January, part way through I bought a rigid 700, it then became much easier!

Reactions: hobbyheater
Nice work. Customizing and adaptation can pay dividends.

That's an interesting looking loading unit. I saw on their site a while ago that there would be a new one coming. Is that it? Does it have a strainer incorporated? Or is that something else that looks like a strainer?

Reactions: hobbyheater
Nice work. Customizing and adaptation can pay dividends.

That's an interesting looking loading unit. I saw on their site a while ago that there would be a new one coming. Is that it? Does it have a strainer incorporated? Or is that something else that looks like a strainer?
No strainer. Its Laddomat 21-100 - the one that Dean recommended. I have ordered a complete second unit for a spare.

Last edited:
Looks good so far, black iron can be a pita but it’s cheap and bombproof. I finished a 400+ft job in January, part way through I bought a rigid 700, it then became much easier!

The storage tank is an old boiler with its tubes removed - 5/8" riveted plate steel. As much as possible I wanted the system to remain black steel. There are two 120' copper pipe heat exchangers in the tank. Other than that there are no other metals.

The Ridgid 700 must be a nice tool but expensive! My wife snapped this picture of me cutting threads by hand at the end of the day. I was to tired to smile!
100_6059.JPG

Congrats!
You guys cold enough to still need a little heat?