• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LK621

Jun 28, 2023
NJ
Hi all,

I'm looking to install vented gas logs (natural gas). I've noticed that some log sets mention "V1 Vented Series Burners only," while others mention "works with E-Burner, H-Burner, Hidden Controls, & System 4 Burner kits." Then there are others that don't seem to mention any such info (or at least it's not immediately obvious).

What do these different burner types or kits mean?
Will this need to be considered in my selection? If so, what specifically determines which type can be used?

I really appreciate your time.

Thanks,
LK

Whatever you're reading, it is likely related to various styles of burner kits the log set manufacturer offers. Likely best to clarify that with the specific dealer.