Vented or Ventless?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HighTechRedNeck

Dec 18, 2017
virginia
Hello,
We just moved into a home with a gas fireplace. Wondering if this is a vented or ventless system? The box is a Superior BCF 3885. Cant tell if the logs and burner were upgraded in the last 25 years.
Thanks@

Last edited:
The box is a Zero Clearance wood burning fireplace.
Look for some identification on the gas logs for the venting information.

The box is a Zero Clearance wood burning fireplace.
Look for some identification on the gas logs for the venting information.
Thanks DAKSY. I finally found the burner info card stuck under the blower fan when I went to clean that. This was made by DESA, which is now out of business. It did have a date stamp of 2007 and model #NVS18NR , So this was added since the house was built in 1993.
And I just discovered it IS ventless. Good news!

Follow up question: I want to put a blower in instead of the worthless fan that points down and moves no air. Can I upgrade easily to the round blower fan on this BCF 3885 box?