Venting for Direct Vent free-standing Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Katrina

Oct 10, 2018
eagles mere, pensylvania
Hi -- I am new to this forum, but need advice on venting Jotul free-standing fireplace. I understand the specs permit me to go up to the ceiling, and then go horizontally for about seven feet to reach an exterior wall. One dealer tells me it's a terrible way to go and won't install for that configuration. Another tells me it's perfectly fine. We would consider a different stove if it's Jotul-related but I don't think it is. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which model are you talking about? We need to look at the specific manual to see what the
acceptable vent configurations are.

Here is the page with your venting restrictions. Your idea of going up then out is acceptable per the install manual for LP fuel.

Attachments

• 137750_Rev_R_Manual, GF400 DV V2_Eng.pdf
    51.3 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: 49er