Ventis HE200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pogmahone70

Oct 21, 2017
PA
So I have a new ventis he200 installed and the fire seems to die no matter how I have it set for the flue. I have the handle pulled out and the fire seems to die, I push it in and it dies. What I'm the world am I doing wrong?

What is the moisture content of your wood? How long are you letting it burn before shutting it back? Are you leaving the door cracked a little to get it started? How tall is the chimney and what is the outside temp?

What is the moisture content of your wood? How long are you letting it burn before shutting it back? Are you leaving the door cracked a little to get it started? How tall is the chimney and what is the outside temp?
I just got it going, I think the wood is still a bit moist. I had it covered and moved some into the house a few days back but probably not long enough. I'm just trying to cure the fireplace before the season starts.

I just got it going, I think the wood is still a bit moist. I had it covered and moved some into the house a few days back but probably not long enough. I'm just trying to cure the fireplace before the season starts.
How long was it cut split and top covered before now? What you are describing could be caused by many issues but the most common are wet wood and or outside temps being to warm.

How long was it cut split and top covered before now? What you are describing could be caused by many issues but the most common are wet wood and or outside temps being to warm.
It was split 3 years ago and covered for a week before I brought it in 3 days ago but it also rained for a few days while it was covered.

It was split 3 years ago and covered for a week before I brought it in 3 days ago but it also rained for a few days while it was covered.
Get a moisture meter and test a fresh split face.

It was definitely wet. I grabbed a few pieces from my shed that I had been in their for a year and no issues. I think I will get a moisture meter just to have.
Good simple issue figured out

Mix that with trying to figure out this ventis unit and it makes for a interesting nigbt.
Yeah there is always a learning period. But those in its really are pretty simple and straight forward. But they will need good dry wood