Vermont Castings Intrepid 1 coal kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootstrap

Burning Hunk
Dec 4, 2013
Northern CT
I am interested in getting the coal adapter kit for my Intrepid one. Anyone know who may sell them? I've looked on Ebay with no results yet.

I think you are just going to have to wait it out - maybe put a wanted ad in our classified....some dealer may have one on the shelf. It could be a tough one...you may have to pay dearly and even then replacement parts may be tough....

If it were me I'd consider selling the Intrepid and finding a nice used coal-only stove.

Hi, I burned coal one year, out side on the snow I noticed these black bug sized sooty dabs that came from start up with the coal. I haven't used it from that time. In some places it's might be the best fuel but not here. The guys that use coal might have a different slant on this............ how to do it correctly.

Richard

Hi, I burned coal one year, out side on the snow I noticed these black bug sized sooty dabs that came from start up with the coal. I haven't used it from that time. In some places it's might be the best fuel but not here. The guys that use coal might have a different slant on this............ how to do it correctly.

Richard

Richard,

Lot's of questions come up with a post like yours. But as this is a wood burners forum, I'll just leave it that you don't like coal.

dj

I am listing an Intrepid 1 with a coal kit on Craigslist in Maine, but would be willing to sell the coal kit separately. Contact me if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.