Vermont Castings question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Johnnyh

Feb 3, 2023
upstate NY
Im not sure how to ask questions on Hearth.com. I wanted to ask you a question. On Christmas my UVS27 stove worked. Today I fired up the pilot and waited to hear the familiar small clink noise that comes before I can turn the knob to run and have burner start but it never came. In NY we are in -20 windchill today and I was stressed for more heat. I never trusted the blade connections on the valve and loosened the screws to check for corrosion with no luck. I then moved the red wire to touch the TH connector just to see if could short a sensor and the stove started. I am not a stove guy but work with building systems and low voltage controls and thought I would try this. I want to fix it correctly. Does this call for a Thermopile. Thanks Johnnyh

That's a gas stove ? maybe a Mod will move it over to the Gas forum
Good Luck and welcome to the forum

Take a reading on the Thermopile at the TP & TH-TP terminals & tell us what readings you get with only the pilot & then with the burner lit.