Vermont Manufacturing / Down Drafter DD

I still used my Vermont down-drafter that I bought back in the 80's. I don't used is much only on during peek winter months during cold windy days. It claims to heat a 50,000 sq ft , which I believe is true, but my little 2,400 sq ft house heats just fine with this DD providing I keep a few windows open and the outside door open. I seen a lot of stoves, but I don't think you can beat a Vermont down-drafter. Its great coming in from the outside and stand near the stove for 5 min. Great treatment for my arthritis too. Thanks for listening. Stay Safe

The Firewoodguy

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
I still used my Vermont down-drafter that I bought back in the 80's. I don't used is much only on during peek winter months during cold windy days. It claims to heat a 50,000 sq ft , which I believe is true, but my little 2,400 sq ft house heats just fine with this DD providing I keep a few windows open and the outside door open. I seen a lot of stoves, but I don't think you can beat a Vermont down-drafter. Its great coming in from the outside and stand near the stove for 5 min. Great treatment for my arthritis too. Thanks for listening. Stay Safe

The Firewoodguy
What stove is rated to heat 50000 sq ft?

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
And wow are you seriously selling 1/2 cords for $1299???