Vermont Wood Pellet pre-buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$289 for Northerns and Vermont's. $259 for New England's, $265 I think for the Logics.

going to be weekend after next before i can get up there .Berniers is obvious . just can't recall this place . love trying out new pellets .

I think they are only open till 1 on Saturdays. New pellets are always fun.

I just purchased three tons. They said they are only offering an early buy price from the mill.
$240/ton if you pick up before the end of May. $250/ton if you pick up from June to the end of August.
I opted for the end of August, since my garage is currently filled with stuff for our upcoming wedding.

I pulled the trigger on 6 tons of Okies. I got them for $275/ton. I can live with that. I budget $1,500/season for pellets so even with delivery I am only $160 over.

I pulled the trigger on 6 tons of Okies. I got them for $275/ton. I can live with that. I budget $1,500/season for pellets so even with delivery I am only $160 over.
I have yet to find barefoots around here.

Hopefully this hasn't already been posted.
For those of you in the area close enough to get pellets directly from Vermont Wood Pellets, they are offering their pre-buy pricing.
I called them yesterday and was told that the prices are $240/ton if you pick up or take delivery by the end of May, or $250/ton if you pick up by the end of August.
These prices do not include delivery. I believe they charge $30/ton for delivery.
From what I understand, the offer is good until the end of April.
I am not sure what dealers will be offering for a price at this time. I contacted the dealer in Middlebury, VT, and was told they are still working out a deal with VTWP. The woman I talked to made is sound like they wouldn't be able to offer a similar deal. This business is a co-op, and not actually a dealer, so this may be different if dealing with an brick and mortar dealer.
I just received an email, seems like a price increase already from what they told you.
$255.00 per ton, I guess I'll pass.

Last edited:
Another forum I frequent refers to this as necroposting.

Man. When I saw this thread show up on the first page, I thought I must have been drunk when I posted it. I didn't remember doing it.
But yes, they are up to $255/ton this year. Although they aren't offering two prices like they did last year. It is just $255 if picked up by 8/30.

$289 for Northerns and Vermont's. $259 for New England's, $265 I think for the Logics.
250.00 ton down here Near Phila....Energex premium hardwoods....Early buy.
just picked up 2 tons couple days ago..
The Energex golden premiums will be in 5 weeks or so due to a fire at the Energex plant in Mifflintown,Pa.
have 2 tons on order.. 265.00 ton.
229.00 ton for those left over Stove Chows from HD this past February.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 150
This pre buy BS is a bunch of crap. Do you have to pre buy oil????

Reactions: sinnian

I used to pre-buy 600 gallons of oil in the early fall and they would deliver it to me all winter long. It's a great way to lock in a lower price and save $$. Same thing with pellets.

On a side note, get them now so you're not out scrambling for pellets next winter should there be another shortage.

Wonder how many got caught with there pants down this past winter thinking like that in ' early 2013.
Lotta people panicked over pellet shortages not long ago.

On a side note, get them now so you're not out scrambling for pellets next winter should there be another shortage.
I know what you're saying, but when I pass the local HD, Augusta Maine, and they've got 80 tons of FSUs and Green Supremes sitting all wrapped up, with the temp supposed to his 70 tomorrow, I'm thinking I can wait!

Alot of people waited last year too,

Reactions: chken
I know what you're saying, but when I pass the local HD, Augusta Maine, and they've got 80 tons of FSUs and Green Supremes sitting all wrapped up, with the temp supposed to his 70 tomorrow, I'm thinking I can wait!
I hear ya...
our HD stopped getting pellets mid-Feb.....
I could wait till fall also but Stove Chows are the only pellets I buy from them...Not thrilled with there others like GS.
And, I don;t know if they will get SC's this year...if they do, then I'll grab a ton and add to my stach....

I will take 5 of those FSU`S please

Reactions: Bigjim13
I will take 5 of those FSU`S please
I told them I'd take 6 tons of Blazers, that they had during the pellet shortage! They laughed at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.