Very shallow fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AJCinBrooklyn

Oct 13, 2018
Brooklyn, CT
Hi there - New to the forum. I tried searching for info but couldn't find any. I have an extremely shallow fireplace, about 12". I am hoping to find a pellet insert to fit but have had little luck. Any suggestions?

Depending on what unit you are putting in, and what your fireplace is made of, you can possibly fit the fireplace to get more room. What kind of fireplace is it? Post a couple pictures.

i had the same problem, i ended up buying a nice freestanding pellet stove and positioned it in front of the fireplace opening on a new stone hearthy so it looks real nice. I used the chimney to vent it still

Of coarse we do. The T is so the customer can remove the fly ash during the season. Do you know a better way to install a 4 inch liner to the back of the insert? We sell Enviro.