Video of Tarm boilers - webmaster, etc.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Well, here is one of my only attempts at screen writing!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=110585530348764525&hl=en

I wrote, produced and star in this video from about 1992 - some funny lines in there, and it's also educational. If you watch it, let me know what you think the best part is.....

Swinging the sledgehammer was a classic, as is the old Vigilant.....

Would you buy a used Plymouth from this man?

The only thing missing was the obligatory banjo music.

Famous lines:
I'm convinced
Try THAT with a pellet or wood stove, chuckle - chuckle
Wow, didn't even dent it!
I can't put a bead like that with a caulk gun, let alone a welder....
Wow, Tarms everywhere!
Gosh, I love a wood burning fire....

classic lines, one and all.

"Hi, I'm Troy MacLure! You might remember me from such films as:"The TARM 2000 Series" That was fun-Craig I didn't know you were buddies with Kenny Rogers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thankya Craig, I was curious how those worked.

When you burn the wood, where do the ashes go? It looks like the smoke is forced right down through the ashes. Do you have to take these beasts down every once in a while to clean the ashes out or is there an ash drawer I'm missing somewhere?

Matt

Kenny Rogers? I thought that was Grizzly Adams!

I still think he should have tossed the cig into the Tarm, instead of stashing it back in his pocket. Unless, of course, that wasn't a conventional cigarette.

Craig's classic fear-mongering sales pitch: "We're running out of trees!"

I think the gasification chamber doubles as the ash pit. The hot gas goes up through the heat exchanger tubes while the ashes drop to the bottom of the pit, where they can easily be scooped out through the bottom door.

Eric is right about the ashes - a small amount build up in the bottom of the ceramics and you pull them forward and into an ash pan.

In true BroBart style, someday I will look at this video as the high point of the hill - it's been all downhill since then! After all, once one swings a sledge at a Tarm, how can I top that?

Funny, but my Tarm Cohort (sales manager) Dave called me yesterday - he calls once every couple years. He is the guy pushing the pallet jack around when we walk into the warehouse. He just returned from China....has gone there a number of times just to see what is going on. He is completely floored by the speed at which they are modernizing. He also hopes to think up something to import from there.....

Corie said:
Is that a beer sitting next to Craig at the end of the video?

I was wondering the same thing, Corie... wasn't sure if anyone else had thought that.

Status
Not open for further replies.