Thanks for the update Woody. This is great news. I'm also glad to hear that you are working with Jason. That means we'll see this technology in the US too. Any thoughts on importing the Pyroclassic from NZ too?
As get more information can you start a new thread on this topic so that it is easier for folks to find? Maybe put NZ Firemaster in the title for easy searching.
Thankyou! I will start another post and see what Jason would like to talk about, it is Stove Season in NZ and Wildfire Season here,
I guess WA touched off pretty good last weekend, our daughter was at a wedding in Wenatchee with her husband and our grandsons and just got out hours before the firestorm hit. http://www.weather.com/safety/wildfires/news/fire-wenatchee-washington. It looks like we will be mobilized soon. Not sure how much I will be able to connect here, but thanks to smart phones and cell towers, who knows?
I will talk to Jason and see what we can do to bing the Pyroclassic line over, we are in the process of introducing several new cookstove lines as well as developing the Intensifire Technology in a way so it can be best utilized to help as many folks as possible.The testing and certification process is very expensive. I will need to see what we can do to make it happen ......What few folks know about Jason is he is very concerned about our environment and what he views as the exploitation of it, so he developed the Intensifire from that perspective. Anyone who has watched Whale Wars may have watched as the boat he was on was rammed by the Japanese Processing ship and almost killed! Pretty incredible story. I come from a different side of the story being surrounded with Loggers and Trappers and having Tom Oar of the History Channels Mountain-men Fame as a neighbor. Yet we both love Guns, Guts and Glory! So we get along great. Funny how things work out sometimes.
Melow....we are doing exactly that, Helping folks keep their old Shraders, FIshers, and Timberlines and the hundreds of other stoves out there. Having participated it the Pilot Woodstove Changeout program we took hundreds of perfectly fine old woodstoves to the scape heap and I had nightmares for years afterwards ;( What a waste!
We welcome folks who have a interest in this technology and design to collaborate with us to produce cleaner burning solid fueled appliances. We also understand the desire for knowledge and a free INTERNET.We are concerned as we are seeing some folks trying to copy the Intensifire Technology. The design is patented and protected we have the legal means and resources to protect any infringements against it to the utmost extent of the law worldwide. Jason has been cautions about releasing too much info until he had someone he could trust to work with him in marketing it properly, with good reason. Anyone who has ever been to a HPBA show will know what I am talking about.
Here are some places where folks can follow what is going on via the internet.
Jason's is http://www.intensifire.co.nz , https://www.facebook.com/Intensifire , http://www.popularmechanics.com/hom...tove-decathlon-finalist-intensifire-16132832/ , , http://www.permies.com/t/27994/wood-burning-stoves/Increase-wood-stove-efficiency-Intensifire, https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/intensifire.120382/
Of course folks can always call me if they have questions and we'll do our best to fill in any blanks.
. Our intentions are to offer this technology to folks on several different levels.
1. Retrofitting existing old pre EPA stoves, that millions are still using so that they can burn them cleanly. Obadiah's was part of the EPA HPBA Stove Change Out Pilot Program in Libby MT. many years ago and did 70% of the stoves changed out. In the process of that experiment we put ourselves out of business locally and had to close our store. That opened up a new frontier, the Internet......Thanks to some smart daughters, here we are now A new Para-dyne, who our age would have ever thunk!
2. Offering Barrel Stove Kits for folks who cant afford a new high dollar EPA stove but need to heat their structures.
3. Launching our own line of Modular Stoves that will be available in various levels of sophistication for folks with various income levels. We will have clean burning stoves for every budget.
4. Working together with existing manufactures to allow them to use our technology under license to bring their product line into EPA compliance.
5. Introduce new products that provide solutions to many issues that face the world, such as clean burning cookstoves for 3rd world countries.
6. Small scale Biomass Co-generation plants for remote Islands of the world to deal with the rubbish issues and stop the dumping of trash into the Oceans of the world and resolve the landfill problems of dealing with waste products.
7. We are also kicking around many other ideas such as Thermoelectric, Domestic Hot Water Systems, Clean Burning Rubber Burners and Electrical Production.