Vigilant 1A legs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ovie832

Aug 25, 2021
PA
Hey everyone. Purchasing a vigilant 1A this weekend that has short legs. (At least I believe it is a 1A. It has long doors with glass and one piece fireback)

Would prefer to have the longer legs. Are there VC legs still for sale that will work? Or do I have to go hunting to the originals? Thanks!

Did you call them?
Will call tomorrow for sure.

Real stupid question. My vigilant 1A had the flue collar set to go straight out the back. Do I just need to flip it around for it to go straight up? I wasn’t sure if they all were reversible.

Spray em with PBlaster & let em sit.
I like to use a manual impact screwdriver to loosen stuck
fasteners in old stoves after soaking them.
Good luck!

Reactions: ovie832
Spray em with PBlaster & let em sit.
I like to use a manual impact screwdriver to loosen stuck
fasteners in old stoves after soaking them.
Good luck!
I’ll try that! Thanks so much for all your help. Really appreciate it!

Hey everyone. Purchasing a vigilant 1A this weekend that has short legs. (At least I believe it is a 1A. It has long doors with glass and one piece fireback)

Would prefer to have the longer legs. Are there VC legs still for sale that will work? Or do I have to go hunting to the originals? Thanks