Hi...came across this site when searching for help for my Intrepid (Vermont Castings). We haven't used this stove for about 4 years. Got her cleaned up good, chimney cleaned out and fired her up. I noticed the damper handle was a bit stiff. But after using the stove for a few days, it was fine. Unfortunately, yesterday it froze. We had not had a blazing hot fire in it, either. Is this something we can fix ourselves? Has anyone else had this problem? My husband rubbed off any creosote around the damper but no luck. With the price of propane for our boiler, we retirees have reverted back to wood. (Just paid $650 to fill the tank) Thanks in advance for your help!