vigilant fireback

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marco nunes

Aug 9, 2013
mass
Hello newbie here .I have a vigilant wood stove with original one piece fire back that has cracked over the past heating season. I've learned a bunch by reading the info on the forums . I really like the stove and would like to keep her going . I was researching fire back kits and it looks like the kits comes with upper ,lower fire back both right and left ends ,damper and a few other parts at a pretty penny. Now here is my question ,I came across a second stove I picked up at a yard sale figured id buy it for spare parts if needed down the road both stoves were manufactured in 82 that stove has a two piece back. I was wondering if I could cut the cost of buying the complete kit and use the right and left ends off my parts stove and just purchase new upper and lower fire back? Pretty handy at doing things just would like to know if this idea would work? What if any other parts would be needed? Thanks for any advice

Status
Not open for further replies.