Vimar Vigas AK 3000 boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gearhead660

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2018
Southern WI
Are these boilers any good? In my quick searches, people noted that parts can be hard to come by. One popped up for sale near me, wondering if I should look into it.
1707943170349.png

Are these boilers any good? In my quick searches, people noted that parts can be hard to come by. One popped up for sale near me, wondering if I should look into it.
View attachment 324724
They showed up about 10 /12 years ago made a splash on the forum for 2/3 years ! I believe they were made in Poland workmanship was not the best. They were Lambda controlled but still needed a 7 inch flue . They were not expensive about the same price as a similar sized Eko . If the refractory is in good shape and the unit is not over priced could be a good find '

Last edited:
Reactions: Gearhead660
Its the 25kw, I think it may be too small for my house. ~2200 sq ft old farm house. Whats a good price?
7" flue?

Reactions: hobbyheater
Really? The website says its 104k BTU max. The seller is asking 2k usd.
You might be able to get by with less. Would depend how far you want to get between fires. I would consider 500 a bare minimum. I have 660, would live to have 1000.