VNVOD RADIANCE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marcxs123

Oct 28, 2020
Pine colorado
Have propane to pilot working. No gas flowing when turn to ON position.
Tried jumping the terminals tpth and th
Presto gas flows. So now what do I need to replace ? I'm assuming leaving them jumped is a BAD idea? I also need a new pilot ignitor wire. It's cracked. How / where do I find this stuff.
Serial number is 3333. Thanks in advance.

When you jumped the terminals, you created a switch. The problem is either a faulty switch, the wiring to the switch, or both. Pull the wiring from the switch & touch the connectors together. If the unit lights, replace the switch. If it doesn't, the wiring may be compromised.

Ok so I've made some headway
Added switch and remote its running well to my untrained eye. I looked into replacing lower pan Gasket. The Felt like thing that sits between tube pan and ceramic tiles. Whatever got sent to me did not match what was in there. It's fiberglass looking and thicker. I called stove parts unlimited and was told you don't really need the Gasket? I could recreat it using some ingenuity but if anyone has experience running it without please lmk. It seems to burn fine with our it in there.
Ok last question lol for now. Any ideas what the item is in attached pic. I assume it has something to do with blower fan maybe. The is not a fan currently installed but this thing I'm assuming kicks on fan when it reaches temp? Next item to replace. Apparently

20211118_164900.jpg

Ok so I've made some headway
Added switch and remote its running well to my untrained eye. I looked into replacing lower pan Gasket. The Felt like thing that sits between tube pan and ceramic tiles. Whatever got sent to me did not match what was in there. It's fiberglass looking and thicker. I called stove parts unlimited and was told you don't really need the Gasket? I could recreat it using some ingenuity but if anyone has experience running it without please lmk. It seems to burn fine with our it in there.
Ok last question lol for now. Any ideas what the item is in attached pic. I assume it has something to do with blower fan maybe. The is not a fan currently installed but this thing I'm assuming kicks on fan when it reaches temp? Next item to replace. Apparently

View attachment 285740
The fiber gasket is used to seal the space between the valve cavity and the sealed combustion area. If there are no gaps, and it can't leak, then you should be ok without it. Yes, that looks like a thermal disc for a fan.

Thank you for the information
I am having difficulties getting remote to control stove. I've made sure batteries are all fresh.
Followed several instructions on making sure remote is synced to receiver. But when I push buttons on remote I don't get any light flashing on base unit and nothing happens
Tried changing dip switches. Is there any way to test these things.

Thank you for the information
I am having difficulties getting remote to control stove. I've made sure batteries are all fresh.
Followed several instructions on making sure remote is synced to receiver. But when I push buttons on remote I don't get any light flashing on base unit and nothing happens
Tried changing dip switches. Is there any way to test these things.
Have you changed the batteries in the receiver? Is there any corrosion in the battery tray of the receiver? Have you followed the syncing instructions exactly? There is a very specific order in which everything needs to be done. IIRC it goes: Turn receiver switch to off. Remove battery tray from receiver. Remove batteries from hand held and change dip switches. Replace battery tray in receiver and turn switch to remote. Replace batteries in hand held and press the on button on the hand held.
You should hear a beep when it syncs properly.

Have you changed the batteries in the receiver? Is there any corrosion in the battery tray of the receiver? Have you followed the syncing instructions exactly? There is a very specific order in which everything needs to be done. IIRC it goes: Turn receiver switch to off. Remove battery tray from receiver. Remove batteries from hand held and change dip switches. Replace battery tray in receiver and turn switch to remote. Replace batteries in hand held and press the on button on the hand held.
You should hear a beep when it syncs properly.
Thank you I will carefully follow
Yes there is a small amount of corrosion
More like some light green on the springs
I've tried to scrape it away. It's not a lot but definitely some. Is there a way to clean it

Thank you I will carefully follow
Yes there is a small amount of corrosion
More like some light green on the springs
I've tried to scrape it away. It's not a lot but definitely some. Is there a way to clean it
Baking Soda and water. Make a paste and use an old toothbrush to scrub it.
These remotes are fairly inexpensive and available online. They are all cheap Chinese junk so I would not spend too much time trying to fix one.

Last edited:
Going on Craigslist. It burns but needs blower and new remote. Not worth me spending more time on it. What would be considered a fair price. I honestly just hope someone would carry it out of here. If I put it on for to cheap they will think it doesn't work. I live in milton delaware