VOGELZANG 5770 SLIMLINE PELLET STOVE (NOT GETTING TOO HOT)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well,I see the whole stove is on sale for 1400 bucks.
I know at H.D. and others too. Thankfully got it alot cheaper at T.S. exactly 5 years ago, and the first one I got was defected.
How would I determine if the other board, is good or bad ? just debating, lol.

Last edited:
No way of knowing

No way of knowing
just took a break from this stove yesterday, it really got to me... anyway i wanted to update you on the situation. after everything seemed to be completely fried on the stove, of course i was very angry and upset that i made a bad situation worse from my mistake, so i realized that two outlets next to the stove were fried to, but they weren't, I just tripped the breaker, now they are ok and the USER CONTROL BOARD IS WORKING !!, but of course the stove isnt coming on because the circuit board is fried ;em;sick in your last reply you've stated that there is no way to test the circuit board, I understand sometimes thats just the way it is... with all of your experience is there anything else you would advise me to do before i look for the board and the blower motor ?should i do any other tests to make sure that if i buy these parts i have a good chance of getting this stove up and running again. so in other words im just asking what would you do ? as always thank you !

Well I cannot honestly tell you everything leads to a bad board, but it was heading in that direction quickly. Now you have 2 boards 1 is the main board 2 is the user control/display. You not having the capabilities and equipment i can’t walk you through the testing of each circuit on the boards, it Would take days. I would recommend addIng up the cost for new boards (both), new combustion blower, new auger motor. And compare costs to a new stove.
Circuit boards can be tested and repaired but usually its close to the price of a new one. Electronics is a hobbie for me

check out “NYSERDA”

Last edited:
Reactions: SidecarFlip
Preferably another brand.................. :)

Reactions: Ssyko
Well I cannot honestly tell you everything leads to a bad board, but it was heading in that direction quickly. Now you have 2 boards 1 is the main board 2 is the user control/display. You not having the capabilities and equipment i can’t walk you through the testing of each circuit on the boards, it Would take days. I would recommend addIng up the cost for new boards (both), new combustion blower, new auger motor. And compare costs to a new stove.
Circuit boards can be tested and repaired but usually its close to the price of a new one. Electronics is a hobbie for me

check out “NYSERDA”
i got you im just debating if i should take a chance on this stove, if i can get the parts for a decent price, but i have a feeling i might not be making the right decision. gonna check out NYSERDA...
BTW, what do you guys think about the brand PELPRO, looking into it maybe the model PP130-B , thanks

I favor Enviro quadrafire. If you go with a new stove go bigger btu wise than you need it’s easy to turn down a big one than turn up a lil one.

If you decide on an Enviro, see if they have a model with a larger hopper than 50-lb. capacity. That way, you'll have more leeway about when you'll have to give it more pellets.

I like our Enviro (Hudson River Chatham model), because it's easy to operate and clean. But the cleaning needs to be fairly frequent, which may be an issue for you. This is my first stove, and I love it, but that's not to say I wouldn't like some other brand or model better, if I had more experience . . .

If you decide on an Enviro, see if they have a model with a larger hopper than 50-lb. capacity. That way, you'll have more leeway about when you'll have to give it more pellets.

I like our Enviro (Hudson River Chatham model), because it's easy to operate and clean. But the cleaning needs to be fairly frequent, which may be an issue for you. This is my first stove, and I love it, but that's not to say I wouldn't like some other brand or model better, if I had more experience . . .
uh oh, i didnt look into it yet, but it sounds expensive. even though the vogelzang is what it is, and only 5 years old i feel like i threw money out the window...

I favor Enviro quadrafire. If you go with a new stove go bigger btu wise than you need it’s easy to turn down a big one than turn up a lil one.
Me, I'm partial to a USSC stove (for obvious reasons). I like simple, easy to clean black boxes, devoid of fru-fru junk. The one I'd never buy is an England 25 P Series. The burn pot design and feed path is way behind the times. If I was wealthy (I'm not), I'd buy a Harman. No matter what brand, I'd never buy one from a box store because box stores don't have a clue what they are selling you, how to service it or carry replacement parts if you need them.

You don't buy your car at Lowes or Menards, you buy your car at a car dealership because (hopefully) they are knowledgeable and can provide after the sale service and advice.

Same applies to a biomass stove. Buy it from an authorized and knowledgeable dealer and they can provide a correct install as well.

My 2 cents, your mileage may differ.