VOGELZANG 5770 SLIMLINE PELLET STOVE (NOT GETTING TOO HOT)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The vacuum switch(air) is the only thing in the back that has a rubber(silicone) hose going to it. Low/restricted air flow can also cause the error.Not sure what you call a good cleaning,checking intake and exhaust for obstructions(mice and birds), removing combustion blower and cleaning the passageways inside,removing the 2 heat exchanger covers and cleaning inside that chamber/passageways.
Well what I mean by a good cleaning is I took the doors off for the chambers cleaned everything thoroughly then I just took the distribution blower apart gave it an excellent cleaning of which it really needed,that you pointed out to me in the previous posts. Now I'm trying to locate the air switch and I'm looking at the manual but I can't make out the corresponding numbers to the list of parts on the diagram to find the location. Thanks

Reactions: Ssyko
The switch itself may be bad, they have contacts inside to make a connection and if they are dirty or pitted they don’t make a connection. Take the wires off the switch and connect them together (dont let them touch anything) and try the stove again

The switch itself may be bad, they have contacts inside to make a connection and if they are dirty or pitted they don’t make a connection. Take the wires off the switch and connect them together (dont let them touch anything) and try the stove again
Ok will do thanks

Do you mean just to hold them together plastic connectors back to back or to make the inside connectors actually touch ? And BTW, I have a new switch that the air switch connects to (I believe it's the vacuum switch) do you think that might be it too ? Thanks

I have alligator clip but you can use a paperclip to connect the 2 you want the metal connections together

What did you jumper,the air switch or the temp switch? Also,unplug and check the terminals on the control board(not the control panel).

Yes i would say that the vac switch is not the issue. When you start the stove will it ignite and run until the convection blower starts? What does the flame look like? Blow torch? Busy bright? Or lazy orange yellow flame?

Yes i would say that the vac switch is not the issue. When you start the stove will it ignite and run until the convection blower starts? What does the flame look like? Blow torch? Busy bright? Or lazy orange yellow flame?
I meant to say it was the temperature switch, no flame starts,after a minute it shuts off and E2 displays, thanks

Ok your terminology on the temperature switch, is that the low limit disc? Thermister? Or limited temp disc? How is the door gasket?

Yes, try putting a dollar bill in it then latch the door and try to pull the bill out, do this around the whole door. While cleaning did you run a brush through the vent pipe?

Yes, try putting a dollar bill in it then latch the door and try to pull the bill out, do this around the whole door. While cleaning did you run a brush through the vent pipe?
Yup cleaned the vent pipe, ok I'll try the roller bill, but do you think I should replace the switch above the air switch ? I have a new one

What switch is it? Is it a snap disc? Can you post a pic?

If you bypasses(jumpered) the vacuum switch and stove would not run,and set an e2 code,i would be checking for voltage at the wires going to this switch.Which is also why I reccomended unplugging and checking the connections on the control board(not the user panel)

Actually,i take that back,I see in your wiring harness, all the sensor wires go directly to the user control.So unplug and check connections at both boards.

Usually taking them apart and reinstalling will give you a better connection. Contact cleaner wont hurt

Where in upstate are you?