Vogelzang insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brian1971

Nov 19, 2017
Pa
Any one have a vogelzang insert or opinion of them . I found a used one on the cheap, I haven't looked at it yet . Thought maybe this would get me threw a couple years since I need to do an insulated liner to install . Thanks .

I have never seen their inserts but i can tell you i have seen some serious design and manufacturing flaws with some of their stoves that can be quite dangerous. Can you post a pic of it or give us a model name and or number?

I have never seen their inserts but i can tell you i have seen some serious design and manufacturing flaws with some of their stoves that can be quite dangerous. Can you post a pic of it or give us a model name and or number?
Bholler , its the colonial TR004

Bholler , its the colonial TR004
The problem i see is the air intake over the door. I have seen cases where similar stoves allowed co to escape into the room

There is a reason most stoves pull air from the bottom through a manifold before putting air in the top