Vogelzang The Performer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

larryjbjr

Jan 24, 2017
WI
I'm looking to get one of these and I'd like to get some opinions from those who have, or have had, one.

What do you think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with an englander before a vogelzang if it was me.

Yes, I saw those threads. But, they were from 5 and 7 years ago, so was hoping to get more recent input.

Thanks though.

The good news is that there haven't been negative reports on this model. Maybe start up a conversation with the two owners and ask for an update.

I've got a Vogelzang Colonial, but I can't speak highly enough of the brand. Best bang for the buck, as far as I'm concerned. An uncle and a cousin both have Harmon inserts and spent upwards of $5k just for the stove and other than a gold plated door, there's no difference in heat output. From others I've talked to that bought the Performer, the only issue they have had is figuring out what to do with the incredible amount of heat the thing puts out.
One thing to watch on these Vogelzang stoves though is the fiber cement insulator boards at the top of the firebox. I've noticed on mine that they are a tad delicate and if you're not careful loading large splits at full load, you can gouge them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk