Vogelzang vg5790 Pellet Stove Burnpot Overflowing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

snow11

Nov 19, 2011
skowhegan me
Hi All
Well it's cold in Maine now and running my Vogelzang on 3 and 4 and burn pot is filling up after 6-8 hr or run time and sending pellets in to the ash pot unburned anyone that has this stove having this issue ?
Stove is always cleaned and side vents I called CS they think it's the auger I'm not thinking so but there are going to send me a new one .
To me it's acting like it feeding to fast I did ask CS is it could be reset like Eenglander was told can"t be done
So kind of at a loss ,

I have the 5770, which may be similar.

Is it getting enough air? My exhaust fan runs full speed, but there is a manual damper in back at the air intake, and if you run the higher heat ranges without opening the damper, it won't get enough air. So the pellets will feed faster than they will burn. Also I find it needs the increased air not only to burn but to eject the ash from the burn pot so it doesn't plug up. But not eject it so fast that the embers go to waste before they are fully burned. On mine, on 3 I run the damper halfway and on 4 about 3/4 of the way.

I was just reading this thread today where someone posted the auger timings for this stove. Is this in the ballpark of what yours is running?
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/vogelzang-vg-5790.139136/page-3

Hi All
Well it's cold in Maine now and running my Vogelzang on 3 and 4 and burn pot is filling up after 6-8 hr or run time and sending pellets in to the ash pot unburned anyone that has this stove having this issue ?
Stove is always cleaned and side vents I called CS they think it's the auger I'm not thinking so but there are going to send me a new one .
To me it's acting like it feeding to fast I did ask CS is it could be reset like Eenglander was told can"t be done
So kind of at a loss ,
Keep the rear intake fully opened all the time
No need to adjust it after that ,
That’s not a auger problem .
It’s a fuel timing rate problem .
May need new computer board.

I know this is a old post but thank for the info and i also just ordered the Klinkerking Burn pot from you I'll let you all know how this thing works