Volcano II info needed..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
New guy here lookin for some much needed info on a volcano II wood/coal furnace. My ex girlfriends dad let me have the furnace for free and it's basically in brand new condition. I just finally got it hooked up two days ago but i'm havin alot of trouble with getting air to the fire.

I haven't quite figured out all the dampers that it has. It has a main damper control and two slide dampers (one on each side). The two slide dampers seem to control air coming in from beneath the grates and also the top of the firebox. Im not real sure on where to set these. Oh im burning wood in this not coal.

The little bit of info i do have also says that it came with a wood grate and optional coal grate and shaker. Mine does have a shaker rod across the underside of the grates. Could i possibly have the coal grate and it's affecting the draft for burning wood? The coals from the wood seem to clog the grates up alot more than they should.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you

Edit: I realized i posted this in the wrong section. If someone could move it to the hearth room that would be great

I can't really help you with your question on the Volcano, but you're in the right place. We cover both boilers and furnaces here--coal and wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.