Volgerzang OEM VS Aftermarket Room Fan/Convection Distribution Best aftermarket option?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joe.G

Jan 21, 2018
NY
Hi, I was wondering what the best option is, The OEM Fan for the 5790 80622 is about $300 I was wondering if there are better choices for cheaper and if so which ones are good and which should I stay away from.

Any idea what places are good to deal with as far as ordering. Thanks

Fasco and Dayton, aftermarket are fine if you can verify the Horse power, RPM and Amprage are the same as the old motor.

The Aftermarket ones seem to have a sealed motor or something along those lines, Any idea where I can get the current motor specs, I did not see it on the Volgerzang sight and its not on the motor.

https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/792606/products/Convection-Blower-US-Stove-5660.html

I got mine here. Half the price of the $300 I too saw just about everywhere else. They first said my order would be delayed a week or so, but then they shipped it right away.

I didn't closely examine the tag, but I opened the box when I got it and it is factory style like the photo. I wanted one that was factory style.

You won't see the tag easily when mounted in your stove. It is on the bottom of the motor.

TLC1976, I called that place on Monday as I saw teh price and the picture showed a factory Blower, The lady I spoke to said she wasn't sure if it was OEM and would call me back, It is now Thursday and I have not heard back. Ill try to call today again.

Hmm it was just 2 months ago I ordered mine and they were right on top of it.

Still no luck with this company, Does anyone have any links to a company that sells quality motors. Thanks

Finally got a few answers, They have mostly aftermarkets in stock but they do have one OEM unit which they are sending me for the listed price.

Reactions: tlc1976
Finally after a little under a month I have a new OEM Fan at home, People were nice at teh above company but they did not seem to do anything unless you called regularly and pushed them. The part I needed was sitting on their shelf the whole time.

Glad you finally got it. I'll keep your experience in mind if I buy anything else from them.

Reactions: Joe.G