VT Encore 2550 stove Thermostat lever

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mattbrandon

Dec 15, 2022
Texas
I have a VT Encore 2550 stove. During the summer, a child twisted the thermostat handle, located on the right side of the stove, until it was upside down. I removed the inner firewall and flipped it back, bending things as they should be. However, I now have a question. I've only owned it for a year, and this is the first time I've touched it in 9 months. I don't recall if the thermostat lever is supposed to be on or off or if it should have various degrees of open or closed. My current situation is that it's either fully open or fully closed. Is this how it should be?

That's kind of what I thought. But it doesn't look broken. Could it be broken on the other end where it connect to the flap?

That's kind of what I thought. But it doesn't look broken. Could it be broken on the other end where it connect to the flap?
There is a spring that helps operate the flapper.. I don't think its that.. if its not slowly closing.. its the thermostat itself or the cables getting hung up

One more question. I can buy the replacement for the main thermostat unit. But it doesn't come with the cable. Do I just buy the unit and pry open the end to connect the current cable or is there a cable and thermostat that is purchased together for the 2550 I am not aware of any sold like that.