walbro carburetor 230 WT324 factory settings ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I am rebuilding a walbro carburetor 230 WT324 with the rebuild kit.
I was wondering what the factory setting was for the L and H screws ?
I've looked @ the info I have , but this is not mentioned.
This is for a Poulan Wild Thing Chainsaw by the way.
It did run well for a while . I'm hoping to get it running again.
Thanks for your time.

nothing magic. Usually 1 to 1-1/4 out gets things running, then warm up and tune to actual needs. Plenty of tuning threads and videos here or on AS. I can say the Poulans are factory lean on High so you will end up richer maybe 1/4 turn than factory might recommend.

Off the original question, but while you have it apart, on the older non-strato WT anyway, close off the muffler outlet on the engine side just hammer the louver gills closed. Cut a hole on the upper right side, make a small deflector to point the exhaust towards the log instead of the original back side towards the cylinder. Opening the muffler, richening H a bit, and changing bar from 18 down to about 14 makes a big difference. I have done several of these and usually pick up over 2000 rpm and it cuts well, runs cooler, and actually starts reasonably well. Fun toy. No anti vibe though, so it's only a toy. Or a sleeper to bring out when the snobs turn up there noses at the lowly Poulan.

Funny thing... I looked @ the muffler and WOW :eek: that where the exhaust comes out..I can see why you modded yours and how it would work better errrr .. Hmmm you got me thinking,, ==c