Wall behind stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokoni

Nov 28, 2005
I have the clearance required behind my Jotul F3, 14" to combustibles. My question is...I have a double wall pipe connecting the stove to the chimney liner, I have a ring/wall plate to go around the pipe to hide the hole I'm cutting in the wall finishing, the wall finishing is Micore 300, is it safe for this Micore 300 to be so close to the double wall pipe (about 1")? The city inspector said it was fine but for some reason I am paranoid about it. Does anyone know if this is safe? Thanks!

The double wall pipe should not obtain enough heat to effect the micore. I agree with you inspector it is not an issue

Posting on a forum I can express oppinions that are not witten code..
As a code official I can not
It is possible and has already happened that my oppinion is expressed to a felow town citizen
who installs a stove in my town. Fortunately it was good advice, that a full liner should be installed
and I agreed with that poster elkimmeg.
I have learned that if I indicate I might waiver then you just as well come out with it.
It is easier to separate myself on the forum then to be a formal name inspector

How I arrived at elkimmeg My wife Ellen first daughter Kim second daughter Margaret (meg)

The lone ranger never takes his mask off

Status
Not open for further replies.