Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Walmart Pennington Hardwood Pellets $1 per bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mudeprived

Burning Hunk
Oct 9, 2016
SW PA
Just a heads up to everyone that this is the time walmart clearances their pellets to make room for gardening season. My local walmarts have their pellets at $1 a bag. I just picked up 60 bags and then someone beat me to the last two tons.

Just a heads up to everyone that this is the time walmart clearances their pellets to make room for gardening season. My local walmarts have their pellets at $1 a bag. I just picked up 60 bags and then someone beat me to the last two tons.
Good price. About what they are worth unless they improved.

Good price. About what they are worth unless they improved.
Conversely, many would argue that no wood pellet is worth the $8/bag you pay for your douglas firs. Let's not pellet shame, especially when you have a Harman that, when properly maintained, should be able to take any wood pellet.

Reactions: Peterfield
Conversely, many would argue that no wood pellet is worth the $8/bag you pay for your douglas firs. Let's not pellet shame, especially when you have a Harman that, when properly maintained, should be able to take any wood pellet.
"Pellet shame", lol. Good point. Yeah. The harmy burns pretty much anything. If i found another pellet that had as little ash and produced as close to 9000Btu for cheaper i would jump on them. Its all about Extreme Heat and Zilch ash for me.Oregon Firs do it for now.

Last edited: