Warnock Hersey WH-56509 Model Scott Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apafloyd

Jan 9, 2011
Idaho
Anyone know where I could get a manual for this? It's not burning right and I can't find anything about this stove online. The title is what the diagram on the hopper reads.

Welcome to the forum apafloyd.

The Scott Pellet Stove you are inquiring about is no longer made.

Warnock Hersey is a testing lab that tests various devices.

If you do a Google search on Scott Pellet Stove you should find some information, how much I don't know. There are about 36,000 results, I just haven't waded through any yet.

Warnock-Hershey was just a testing company that "certified" pellet stoves....they are not the "company" that made it.

More likely is that it is a Scott pellet stove, which went out of business. I did a google search, and this person claimed to have worked building them, and may have an owners manual for them. Worth a shot.

[email protected]

We figured out 2 of the 3 fans weren't plugged in now we're trying to figure out why the fire won't stay lit. Thanks for the email address

apafloyd said:
We figured out 2 of the 3 fans weren't plugged in now we're trying to figure out why the fire won't stay lit. Thanks for the email address

POF likely isn't seeing evidence of a fire in the stove.

There are two kinds, temperature based or photo eye.

The temperature based ones generally have a round ceramic snap switch that is close to the combustion blower.

These can be jumpered to verify that is the cause of the problem.

The photo eye ones have a small photo eye usually behind the drop chute that looks trough a slit in the drop chute so it can see the light from the flame.

What can be done about these depends upon the stove control board, frequently the problem is nothing more than dirt on the photo eye lens or in the slit or on the glass that may cover the slit.

This is assuming the combustion fan can hold the vacuum switch closed and the auger motor works.

ETA: and the auger motor works.

Status
Not open for further replies.