warped fire brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

billsgame

Jul 7, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Still learning to navigate this site. Hope Im in the right spot now....

Quick question for anyone who might know - Im in the process of replacing my refractory , catalytic and heat exchanger in the Encore Defiant 2140 and I noticed maybe a 1/4" concave warp in the firebrick assembly. Im thinking that I'll ignore it and move on to put the stove back together but now Im wondering if this needs to be flat to stop any air as it seems there's somewhat of a seal between the firebrick and stainless steel heat exchange plate. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Your posting was moved into the main forum because this is for a more modern EPA stove. This section is for classic, pre-EPA stoves and the 2140 was one the early compliers with the new regs at the time. I will leave a copy here too.