Was Harman TL300 then Regency now Quad 5700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

botemout

Hearth Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
North Central NY
So, we had qualms about the Regency F3100 and have a dealer who'll sell us his floor model Quad 5700. They say it has 2 years of use. He'll throw in a box of 6 of the type of firebrick it uses (some special light stone). Also it comes with a blower and nickel legs. All of it will have a new warranty. The price is about $2600. Apparently, the new price for all that is $3050. I'm frankly stunned at what stove are going for! The large Lopi Liberty that I looked at at another deal was priced at >$2600! Even the Regency was about $2300. Another guy wanted about $2250 for an Avalon Arbor.

But, if I'm okay paying that price isn't the Quad a really good place to stop the (seemingly endless) search? They are great stoves that burn well and will last, right? If it turns out that the stove is a little too big for our place, I can turn down the air and burn it slower and still have good clean burns, right?

Are there any real concerns with buying the dealers showroom unit? It looks like some white stuff (fiberglass?) above the air tubes is looking kinda frayed.

I forgot to add; this 5700 is the non-new ACC (I think it's called ACT). Someone mentioned that these older Quads have a better air system than the newer ACC ones. Is this true? I'm inclined to distrust anything automatic...

No kidding botemout if you're a long time wood burner today's stoves will give you sticker shock. As far as the 5700 goes personally I don't think that's much of a discount but still..it's not a bad price. I take it this stove will still be eligible for the tax credit too? You didn't mention it but imo with that in hand it should close the deal.

As far as having not having the ACC...to me that would be no big deal. We burn 24/7 and if I had to count on how many fingers I had use the start up air...well I'd have some fingers left over. Occasional burners will get more use out of that.

We bought a showroom stove too...nothing to be concerned about there.

The dealer dropped the price another $100 because of some deal that they had with Stihl (we could have gotten a $200 voucher). So it's a $2500 5700. Will be getting it this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.